If Anxiety Attacks becomes long-term that it disrupts one’s daily activities, medical intervention becomes necessary. Social anxiety, an irrational fear or feeling of the individual that he or she is being judged by others, is a common type of condition which CBD-rich hemp oil can help control.
CBD Cannabidiol indirectly inhibits the release of enzymes or chemicals, which have effects on the brain and on the cardiovascular system. It does not bind either to CB 1 and CB 2, cannabinoid receptors, but triggers the endocannabinoids through the peripheral pathways. Unlike THC that directly binds to the cannabinoid receptors, CBD does not have significant and detrimental effects on the brain, and its effects are mostly inhibitory.
The excitatory effect of some psychotropic drugs is due to the direct binding of their molecules to the specific sites in the brain, whereas CBD safely inhibits the release of glutamate, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters, which, in excess, can cause damage to the neurons. Neurotransmitters, the chemical messengers in the nervous system, are essential for normal brain function. They affect one’s behavior, appetite, and even emotions or mood.
CBD Can Be Beneficial In Controlling Chronic Anxiety
Cannabidiol (CBD) can help in activating the 5-HT1A receptor. The inhibitory action of CBD on 5-HT receptors has anti-depressant and anxiolytic effects. Serotonin, a neurotransmitter, activates the said receptor.
CBD acts on several other receptors, including adenosine receptors. Adenosine receptors can inhibit the release of glutamate, preventing neural damage in those who have head injuries. These receptors can also inhibit the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that has a role in drug addiction and food cravings.
The signs and symptoms of social anxiety or phobia need to be prevented, as some of these can pose serious threats to the body. The signs and symptoms include palpitation, excessive sweating, and trembling. To avoid humiliation and the discomfort from these signs and symptoms, the individual consumes alcohol or drugs. Also, self-medication helps him diminish the discomfort or fear of being in public, and somehow cope with the condition. A safe alternative would be CBD-rich hemp oil.
Not only does cannabidiol help alleviate the discomfort and diminish the signs and symptoms, but it also can help prevent pleasure-seeking behaviors. The sufferer can opt for cannabidiol products, if he is not comfortable with anti-anxiety drugs, or with beta-blockers that inhibit some of the excitatory actions of the sympathetic nervous system. Severe anxiety has no known cure that will make it go away permanently, as conventional medicine only offers drugs that can prevent attacks and alleviate signs and symptoms.
Using cannabidiol is a choice, but the individual should not neglect medical advice and cognitive-behavioral therapy as well.
- CBD as an anxiolytic drug
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa
- CBD reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of CBD in generalized social anxiety disorder
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation
- Effects of CBD on regional cerebral blood flow
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors
- The anxiolytic effect of CBD on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2